This morning, I actually woke up early... 7:30 (working towards the school schedule). I was drinking my coffee and reading the newspaper on my chair enjoying the morning wondering when little feet would inquire about the breakfast menu.
Big "K" walks in and asks what is for breakfast. Taking advantage of her age and ability, I told her that she could help herself to making waffles, bagels, juice, fruit etc. Off she trots.
My next moment of peace (which didn't last very long) was interrupted by smaller feet trotting in wearing fuzzy dinosaur zip-up pajamas (I told him last night to no avail that they would be way too hot in this weather).
Little "C' looks at me and asks what's for breakfast? I put down the newspaper and said "donkey tails, or tortoise shells, or squirrel whiskers". Expecting laughter, I was surprised by his serious expression. He asked in response to squirrel whiskers, "Do those taste good?". I couldn't contain my laughter. And then he asked "Are you just joking?" I said "yes, I'm just teasing". He then said (still serious.. no laughter has escaped him).. "So there's no donkey tails either?"
He actually appeared disappointed. I better work on my normal menu to make it sound more appealing.
Saturday, August 27, 2005
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Look at you waking up in the wee hours today! I wonder what little C thought Donkey Tails would taste like? I think you should make him a Donkey Tail pancake or something!
No Donkey Tails? I LOVE Donkey Tails!
So where did you get those choices . . . just out of the blue . . . or were you reading something weird in the newspaper? Or is that some Dr. Seuss story I don't seem to remember?
I have no idea where I got those names. I actually felt like you when I was saying them. Now that I think of it, they seem to promote animal cruelty which was not my intention at all.
Post a Comment