Sunday, August 21, 2005

Just Getting Started Now...

Okay, I actually have peace and quiet right now, so I'll see how long this lasts. J. or "mudboy" came to me this morning and said "only 10 more days"! I (reading the newspaper and only half paying attention) said "until what". He said "until school". Yep...summer is almost over. This one sure went by fast! I think we are almost ready. School supples bought? (check). School clothes purchased? (check). Backpacks? (check) Just a few more things for K. and we're good to go.

Now, I just need to get all of our sleep schedules in order (especially mine) This new house has better insulation or something because in the morning I can't hear the kids when they get up. I have been opening my eyes for the first time after 8:00 every morning. And since school starts at 8:00, I need to do something about this.

Here are a few highlights of the summer (photos telling the story..hooray!)

Lil' C. saying goodbye to our old house as we get ready to move. He really misses the green carpet (I think he is the only one!) Notice his fancy haircut with red gel on one side and purple gel on the other side.



J. having his first playdate in our new house with his best buddy!



Okay..I have time for one more because my troops are starting to get restless. So let's just finish with a cute one of all three.




Things that make you go ahhhhh!!!

3 comments:

Middle America Mom said...

That last pic does make you go, "ahh", doesn't it? What a good looking family :>

CaliforniaGrammy said...

I really love the pictures . . . they DO make the blog more "friendly" and I love to see the kids growing up right before our eyes! I can't wait to see the new house . . . just the shot of J with best friends - the counter space looks really pretty . . . show us some more!

jennavar said...

Yes, they are granite. I didn't know how much I liked granite until we moved in. I actually didn't realize that they were granite when we first looked at the house. We literally did a quick five minute walk-through before we made the offer. So we have been enjoying all of the little surprises that we are discovering: i.e., walter filter system under the sink, water softener system (although I think that is going to cause problems), pull-out drawers in the cabinets etc. I really had no idea...

I love the color of the cabinets, very warming. I should have known that they were the same as yours. I LOVE all the wood in your house!!! Very warm, cozy and inviting.