Wednesday, August 03, 2005

I'm So Proud.....

I was talking to P. the other night about a conversation I had with a good friend whom I previously worked with. You see, my friend, my sister, and I were all pregnant and eerily all had the same exact due date. My son was a bit anxious and decided to be born five weeks early and the other two were born a day apart.

So anyway, my friend often asks me questions regarding her son (he is her first, whereas my baby was my third..) development questions etc. She told me that he has been asking her questions (they are four years old now) which have been stumping her. I asked her what she meant. She told me that he announced in the car one day that there was snow up in the mountains. She said, uh-huh (as we often respond to our children when we are driving). He then asked "mom, why would there be snow on the mountain when the mountain is closer to the sun and the sun is burning fire?". She told me that she wasn't sure how to respond.

I told her to go have her son tested because if he is thinking like that then he is probably going to be the next Einstein. I mean what four year old thinks things through like that? She then told me that he asks goofy questions too, like do we have ear boogers? She explained to him that no, that is called ear wax. He then said.."oh, you mean waxy stuff, sort of like what crayons and candles are made of".

Later, I was curious and asked my son what crayons are made of and he said "colors". Hmmmm.

So P. and I are discussing this and I'm trying not to compare the two and he is reassuring me that our children are smart as well,..when all of a sudden out comes our four year old wearing nothing except underpants..although on closer observation, he looks rather bulky like he is wearing football thigh pads. He excitedly exclaims...Mom..Dad.. I have 21 pairs of underpants on!! Followed quickly with... "betcha I can bounce!" He then proceeds to peel each pair off as he counts.. one, two, three etc. The timing of this was too much. A definite "you had to be there moment" Hmmmm so proud!

4 comments:

Aunt Patty said...

Now what I want to know is were there really 21 pair as he peeled them all off? That would be really good for a four year old!

jennavar said...

No, after he got to five, he started to do his version of cartwheels on the floor as we all were laughing hysterically on the floor. Hey, he might as well go all the way since he already had our attention. Isn't that what being the youngest is about?

CaliforniaGrammy said...

I can just picture the smile on C's face as he's peeling off his underware . . . what a stitch! I'm still giggling thinking about it! He's got such a great sense of humor and is such a delightful little guy! I love him to bits . . . that one who was five weeks early and had us all praying really hard while in intensive care for two weeks!

Middle America Mom said...

OhMyGoodness, you crack me up sis!!! C is doing great. And he has the BEST sense of humor!! T's twin cousin rocks!