Let's get it on...arr arr arruuuugh!! Let's get it on... arr arr arruuugh!!! Murray (our yellow labrador who is a "MANLY DOG") may be singing this song in a few months. READ ON:
I had a friend and her girls over for lunch and a swim last week and we were discussing our plans for our theatrical productions for VBS. When she arrived, she was "loving on" Murray with lots of hugs and pets and kept mentioning how she really wanted a lab. She asked me how it was going with his hyperness, and I explained that he has a very "laid back" disposition. She was surprised with that given his young age (he's two years old). And I said that we were pretty lucky that he was such a great dog. I explained that we hadn't had him fixed yet, because we were considering breeding him so my sister could have a puppy. Since moving to Michigan, they now have a beautiful Golden Retriever and have their hands full, so it was just a matter of time before we would have him fixed.
The next day, she approached me and told me that her husband agreed that she could have a big dog and she really wants to train it from a puppy. She seemed embarrassed to ask me if I would consider breeding Murray with her friend who has a Chocolate Lab. She said that he has many friends who would like a puppy and he wasn't interested in doing it for money but rather to give his friends gifts. I told her that I'm sure Murray would enjoy that (hee hee).
So, we will see what happens. Of course the kids want a puppy.. but I told them that they would have to be satisfied with taking a walk with Murray and his puppy.
Thursday, July 21, 2005
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Oh Murray! You're gonna be a daddy???
So will there be some chocolate and some yellow puppies??? How will that work???
Glad to hear from you and glad you're having fun in your pool this hot hot summer!
WE already know that Murray is a stud! He's such a great dog -- he's so calm...do you have him on drugs?? I wish that Mackinaw had a bit of his calmness. The cool thing about lab puppies is that you never know what color you're going to get.
Congrats Murray! Have fun :>
That Murray is a cool dog and I'm happy for him. Sure will be fun to see what colors turn up.
Post a Comment