So on Sunday afternoon I actually had tears in my eyes as I was waving goodbye to my daughter getting on a HUGE bus with about 80 other 5th/6th graders going to Lake Arrowhead for a week. Can she really be old enough to be going away for a whole week? I remember what happened when I went to youth group...She has been so excited about this all summer but ...
Let's back up to about 30 minutes before she left on the bus. We arrived at the designated time for her to leave and she was greeted by a friend from school and church who was excited to see her when all of a sudden this other girl from school ran right in front of her and literally took the original friend away with conversation and body language that was excluding KaLynn. It was pretty obvious that Kalynn was being left out and I was very tempted to say something (very much feeling like a mama bear) especially since this one girl can be very snotty. I pulled Kalynn aside and reassured her that she was going to have a fun time and pointed out all of the other girls that she knew and she said very seriously and confidently to me.."I'm going to be fine mom".
I then realized that this is what life is about.. and that she is learning life lessons and how strong of a person she is. I am so proud of her. I know that my emotions were more raw and sensitive when I was her age. My mind has constantly been on her and what she might be doing right now. I can't wait to hear how it went.
Tuesday, July 12, 2005
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
She'll be fine. They always are fine in the end.
How can she be old enough? I remember when she was born! And when she wanted to go in "Grammy's car to the movies" and when she wanted to "hold her boogies". My, she's growing up!!
Tears running down my cheeks! I can't believe it? Do I have time to send her a note via snailmail? Can't wait to hear all about it - she is so mature and grown up! I'm so proud, man!
Yahoo! You are up and running! I can't believe you have a 5th/6th grader. My goodness how time flies! She sounds quite grounded. :-)
BTW - We need to give MA Mom a round of applause for pulling us into this Blogworld! Thank you S!!
That little K is such a wise little girl. I can just see those big blue eyes and that seriour little face as she was saying that. What a precious memory. It's making me all teary too. Will look forward to hearing more.
Post a Comment