Thursday, July 14, 2005

Husbands Golf Trip

Somehow it slipped past me or perhaps it was just mentioned once in the middle of the moving chaos that he was going on a three day golf trip with his best buddy one hour north of Las Vegas. Since Kalynn was away at camp, the boys and I were here to hang out together.

I talked to him periodically during his trip and he seemed to be having a good time which is nice because he needed some down time after the move.

The day before he was to come home, I got a phone call from him that started out "honey..I'm okay". I thought uh-oh what happened. He continued saying that they went golfing and he was driving the golf cart. The course was a bit "hilly" he explained that the brakes didn't work quite like the cars he is used to driving. He then explained that he rolled the golf cart and when they landed he was looking at the sky and his golf shoes sticking up in the air and his best buddy was on top of him. The clubs were thrown everywhere and he had a few cuts and bruises but other than that they were A.O.K. His friend was more embarrassed than anything and told him that given his profession why wasn't he able to drive a golf cart!! Although this could have been more serious, it struck me so funny...the visual of it was hilarious. I laughed for a solid five minutes and still get a chuckle when I think of it.

I'm glad he's home safe and sound. So..uh..when is my trip??

3 comments:

Middle America Mom said...

I cannot tell you how much I am cracking up right now!! I just printed off your post and will run downstairs to read to M. Too funny for words. I guess they didn't cover golf club driving in his extensive training, huh?

I say your trip is in two weeks to visit your sister -- and we can go to the spa and make cards or scrapbooks or just sit on the deck, drinking malibu and diet cokes (or Coke Zeros)!! Well, if not this summer, next summer. I love you!

SeattleS said...

It's probably just me, but after three days of golfing, I would've rolled the golf cart just for a little excitement! Never have gotten into the game of golf! :-)
I'm glad he is ok!

No no no - you trip should be in a couple of weeks WITH your sister to visit us and (hopefully) meet your new cousin. (second cousin?) Whatever. To meet Sam!

CaliforniaGrammy said...

No..no..no..With your sister to come to Oregon to pick berries with the kids and WE'LL ALL go meet Sam! Tee Hee! I still crack up even after hearing the golf story on the phone . . . reading it is just as funny! That's a great story . . . but now it's time for you to have some "down time" after the move!