Thursday, September 06, 2007

The Year For Adventure

I keep getting nudged by K to post another blog. She said today, "Mom.. this is the year for adventure, you have to keep blogging so we can keep track of how the year goes.." "What possibly could you mean my dear one (me responding), doesn't every family decide to switch educational gears by homeschooling their middle school child... decide on a whim to completely change their lifestyle by moving to the country and by that being closer to family??... possibly learn quickly how to become a property manager by leasing out the home that we are living in now (which by the way, all of the boxes haven't even been unpacked and are still sitting in the garage from our move 2 1/2 years ago) BTW... did you know that there is a book called "Property Management for Dummies". I'll give you a review as soon as I'm done reading it.

Anyhow, I guess K is right! This is going to be an adventurous year worthy of tracking and perhaps we will turn it into a Language Arts lesson as well.

Quick Update on Us:

Homeschooling:
Our first week of homeschooling has gone great. K is enjoying the subjects and especially enjoying the freedom of scheduling her lessons. We meet with K's assigned teacher Monday afternoon to learn more about what is in store for the upcoming year.

We will have to make a decision regarding homeschooling once we move up North. They have a great homeschooling facility/program in the city where we are moving where K would attend classes as well as do some curriculum at home. OR we can continue with CAVA which she is enjoying so far and just drive a ways to meet with other peers in the same program.

Move:
The inspection on our new house went fantastic. Our only request of the sellers is to repair two GFIC outlets in the Kitchen and Laundry Room Bathroom. (yes, you read that right.. I get to have a Laundry room with a sink, window and bathroom ) YAHOOEY!

P picked up Grandma C to take her on a road trip and check out the new place. She likes it, and had a good time with P. P called me when he first arrived, he immediately drove by the property and was really excited about living in the house and being in the mountains (lots of hiking opportunities).

The barn needs a little work. P said it is pretty cobwebby. The family who own the property have a 2 year old and a 7 month old. They have two horses but haven't utilized the barn too much. My children on the other hand are anxious to clean it out (especially K), join 4H and learn how to care for animals. K obviously wants a horse of her own, J would like a pig (I think he sees $ signs since he heard of a friend of ours who earned $2500 showing/selling her pig), C would like a pigmy goat so he could feed it with a bottle. I've been reading up on a site called goodbyecitylife.com. Lots of great articles.

The Boys:
J and C are enjoying school. J has the same teacher that K had in 4th grade (I can't believe he is already in 4th grade and turning 2 digits this year!) C has had an awesome attitude about 1st grade. His teacher was my third choice out of four but that is the way the cookie crumbles sometimes and will make the move in the middle of the year more bearable. Both boys are in for longer days than last year. I was a little worried about grouchiness but they have been doing fine. So far they are fine in the morning leaving knowing that K gets to stay home so hopefully it is not just the "first couple of weeks of school nice attitude".

General Life:
I am sleeping much better (now that Maaa introduced me to Tylenol PM.. Just Kidding). Things have been running smoothly. We received loan approval, and with the Inspection going great, the stress has been less lately. I am extremely busy and will have to find more hours in my day somehow. K has been great to have around. We have been doing a lot of girl bonding which has been wonderful.

TTFN!

5 comments:

Ken said...

Hi Jenny, I check your blog every morning hoping to see an update. What a great surprise and a great blog. Dad

CaliforniaGrammy said...

Couldn't believe it when your dad told me he was commenting on your new blog. I had to rush up to the trailer and check it out for myself. I love the accounting for your adventurous year, and am totally excited about the move. When I got to the bottom of the post I noticed the TTFN and said ... hmmmmmm, what the heck does that mean? After a minute (or two) of thought, by George I got it! Tah Tah For Now! And that brilliant conclusion is before my coffee!

A.J. said...

Oh, what a surprise to find this brand new post! I just took a chance, and to my delight, there was an update! A very informative update too, so thank you for that!

So here's to a most adventurous year! We are so very excited for you and the family! TTFN!

A.J. said...

One more thing. (This, after reading my "Let Go of Clutter" book this morning.)

I'm wondering if, after not unpacking some boxes from your move 2 1/2 years ago, you should even consider moving them yet again. Perhaps if you've gotten by without the contents for 2 1/2 years, you may not need the stuff afterall!

Moving is a great time to let go of stuff! Wheee!

Just a thought as I myself get back to some clutter-clearing now.

Aunt Patty said...

Hi Jen-So glad I'm able to comment at last.It's great your blogging again, I always loved your blogs. I'm glad K nudged you to do this. What an exciting new adventure for the whole family, very happy for the party of five!! The blog finally let me comment as you see below, I had changed it for H's nephew's blog and guess that'll be it for awhile till I figure out out to do it different.Love,Great auntieP