Tuesday, September 18, 2007

Keep Your Mouth Shut at My House

So the teeth saga continues...

C lost his two teeth, placed them under his pillow and went to bed with a smile and I'm sure sweet dreams of what was to await him under his pillow upon waking up the next morning.

The same night (after C fell asleep) J came to me and said "I just lost a tooth". "Are you joking", I asked? (quickly calculating just how much cash I had in my wallet). "No joke..see?" And sure enough he produced a freshly pulled molar. I said "well hurry... go to sleep quick and put the tooth under your pillow. If the TF didn't collect C's teeth already maybe she'll be able to collect yours too".

Well, the next morning C (who is always the first kid to wake up) came in my room proudly displaying his "green money"! "Look what I got!" "That's great.. you'll have to save it in your bank. Guess what C? J lost his tooth last night too". "What?? Are you sure he didn't sneak one of mine out of my pillow??" "NOoooo silly, he lost one of his molars." "Let' go wake him up and see if the TF came." So C marched into J's room. They quickly compared what the TF brought and thankfully J was okay that the TF brought C more money since he did lose two teeth after all.

(Fast forward in time to 1 hour after the boys came home from school that same day).

J is working on his homework finding numerous distractions to keep him from doing his work. "J.. you need to focus on your work Bud or it is going to take a lot longer than it has to." "I know but Mom.. I think I have another loose tooth." "J seriously.. enough with the teeth and get your homework done." He then finds another distraction and I have to track him down in the restroom (where he often escapes to read a book instead of doing less desired homework). "Mom.. I told you.. I just lost another tooth!" (again displaying a lovely {not really} looking molar) "Seriously what is going on in this house!" He replied, "I guess you could just call it our job and our way of earning money around here."

So seriously people.. if you are visiting our house, don't mention if you have any loose teeth or even open your mouth too wide. Because chances are you are going to need your teeth!

2 comments:

A.J. said...

Good golly!
Where do you live, the house of loose and falling-out teeth? Those boys have an interesting job, losing teeth to make money!
Okay, I'll be careful if I come for a visit! Must be kind of fun, though!

CaliforniaGrammy said...

Unbelievable! You're gonna have to refinance your house if they keep that up! Don't molars get . . . no, no, let's not go there! Hilarious story. How's K's teeth? Can't she cash in on this deal?