Sunday, September 16, 2007

Off The Charts

This morning I was greeted in bed by a smiling C. He said what is the date today. I said I think it is September 16th. He said well.. I think my teacher's chart tomorrow is going to say that C lost another tooth on September 16th. Did you lose a tooth buddy? No but give me a few minutes and I think I can. I'll be the third person in the class to be on the chart!

I slowly continued to wake up (this conversation was being conducted in my lack of coffee fog sleepy state). About five minutes later he came to me with blood slobber and said "yep I'm on the charts!" And sure enough he was holding an itty bitty tooth in his hand! I congratulated him, he told me he thought that his tooth was worth a twenty, I told him I'm not so sure about that one. He showed me a couple of other teeth that were loose in his mouth but we both agreed that those would take longer to get out.

I woke up, got out of bed (had my coffee) and we all got ready to go to church. When I went to pick C up in Sunday School, I didn't see him right away. His teacher said that he was accidently bumped in the head by another boy. He came out of the bathroom and I knelt down to see what was wrong. He was being so brave trying to take care of himself but when he saw me, he buried his head in my shoulder and cried pretty hard. I looked in his mouth and he had bit his tongue pretty good. Almost looked like it was pierced right in the middle of it. I told him that nothing feels as good as a slurpee and we would go to Target (I had to pick up a couple of things anyway) and I would treat all three of them to a slurpee. He then proceeded to tell me that when he was bumped in the head, the boy bumped his sort of loose tooth and now it was really loose.

When we got home, he went straight into the bathroom. I wasn't sure what he was doing since I was fixing lunch, but he came walking out very proudly showing me two itty bitty teeth in his plastic baggie to go under his pillow. He said he would be the only one probably in his whole class that lost TWO TEETH on the same day!!

I love how he looks now, because he has lost a total of seven teeth and his two front ones look huge for his little pixie face. I love his smile now. What do you think?


3 comments:

A.J. said...

Oh yes, I love his smile too! And I think he is so brave to pull his own teeth like that! I could never do that, never!

The tooth fairy will go broke if this keeps up!

CaliforniaGrammy said...

I think his smile would make everybody who sees him smile too! A beautiful. And a great post, too. You are such a good story-teller, JJ. So what DID the tooth fairy leave? I'm glad you thought of the slurpee, as I'm sure the other two were happy about that solution to C's accident as well! The second picture really made me smile!!! He could be a jack-o-lantern for Halloween.

Aunt Patty said...

Oh, I just saw this, and who couldn't love that little face! Soooo cute!!! Makes me wish I were there to hug him!