Boy oh boy.. Have I been a busy bee. I can't believe that it has almost been two weeks since my fabulous trip to MI. What a nice freedom to have no cares and worries while I was there. I have some great pictures to post but don't have the computer here to post them so I will have to do that another time.
The trip there was thankfully uneventful since I have a bit of a fear of flying. Was picked up by me sis who I was able to spot from a distance which saved time I'm sure. We had a wonderful chat home (poor thing had to drive a very long time roundtrip). But it was nice to catch up.
It was a short nights sleep due to the time difference but I felt great the next morning. We got up and went to see R and T play hockey. What a kick. The hockey gear that each kid wears is amazing. They even have kidney pad protection. They were so patient. Then what fun watching them go on the ice. Ice hockey is not very common here but seems to be the definite sport to play there. R sure gets a good workout and is smiling the whole time. T moves pretty good on those barrels and even scooted a few times to the barrel. Sometimes looking like he is having a blast and other times like he is a bit bored. Hee hee.
After hockey we had a yummy breakfast and then went to a fun session of Dream Dinners where S and I assembled six dinners that I pre-ordered as a birthday gift. How fun it was to order them from here and have the order go through without any problems.
After Dream Dinners we went to have hot fudge sundae cake at Bobs Big Boy... I miss that big guy. We don't have any of those anymore. Then we went home for a bit.
That night we went to dinner and saw a movie. Mr. & Mrs. Smith.. Don't recommend it but it was still worth it to be there with my sister and no worries.... oh yeah and with popcorn and Diet Coke. Can't go wrong there.
The next day we went to the corn maze as described on S's blog which was a lot of fun. REALLY good apple cider and two darling boys running around having a great time. After we went home from this outing M got out the grass cutting tractor and I was able to give it a whirl. That was pretty fun! A bit intimidating compared to a lawn mower. But lots of fun. I think the highlight of this day though was R teaching me how to play chess. Talk about being impressed! He knows all the moves of every piece and even knows some strategy. He was whipping me. I only had two pieces left and he kept moving in on my king. At one time he said "check" and then I moved and he moved in again and said "check" and this continued for quite awhile until he said "are you getting a little tired of me saying 'check'? Too funny. I ended up taking out his king which I felt a bit bad but it was a very obvious move. He even saw it. And what a great sport. He was soooo excited for me to win. He seemed even proud because he taught me. Such a mature lil youngster! (Doesn't take after his Auntie J with the good sportsmanship like conduct)
It was a very peaceful evening and then before you know it, it was Monday and time to come home. I was very sad to go and seeing the boys sad face made it very hard. BUT I wouldn't trade it for the world. What a fun time. Thanks for the trip and happy early birthday sis!
Plane ride home was also uneventful and was happy to see my smiling family pick me up. It is always good to come home!
Wednesday, September 28, 2005
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
It IS always good to come home. There's something very comforting to get off the plane safely and have your family greeting you. I bet they missed you even though it was a short visit. Can't wait to see some pictures. I'd love to see R's smiles when you won - I bet he was feeling proud of teaching you how to play.
Ah!! How fun, how fun!
I think that the visit was the very best kind of present, both to give and to receive!
It sounds like you used the time to the fullest. I remember Bob's Big Boy!! With the real Vanilla Cokes. yumm...
We did have so much fun, didn't we? I am sooo glad that you came for that short, but very sweet, visit sistah!! I can't wait to see you again at Christmas time :>
GA Shoodie - we'll be there! Can't wait to walk through the doors of It's A Grind!
Sounds like a really wonderful trip J. The time with just you and S was neat I bet. I would love for R to teach me chess, how fun! We do have a Bob's Big Boy in Diamond Bar, and I still love it. Bet your family was really excited to see you again J. And how great for R and T to have their Auntie J all to themselves. What's this about Auntie J not being a good sport?? Which Auntie J is that? Looking forward to IAG's opening also. Really lookingforward to seeing everyone at Christmas!!
Post a Comment