
It's that time of year again! The day went off smoothly. I told P that I didn't need to rehearse getting up early the week before school started. No, I was able to do it COLD TURKEY! I have been so used to not having an alarm clock that 6:45 felt sooo early. But I did it. Even made breakfast and packed lunches with time to spare. J woke his sister up saying "Come on, come on, time to get up..we have a big day today." He was up and dressed from head (even had his hair done before breakfast) to toe! K dragged a little bit. I guess the novelty of school has worn off some since she is a big 5th grader. Anyway, J came home from school with a little bit of a different attitude. When it came to homework time he didn't understand why the teacher wanted to copy down the whole sentence. HE felt that the sentence could be shortened somewhat. Ended in tears but he got through it.
Little C and I are enjoying preschool. His teacher is great and very knowledgeable having a Masters in Early Childhood Development. It is such a great program and extremely reasonable cost-wise. I work in his class one day a week and we go on fieldtrips every Friday. This Friday, we went vegetable picking at a local Family Farm. VERY FUN. Went on a hayride and picked onions, and a variety of squash. All the kids received a coloring book and got to feed the farm animals. There was a mama pig who just gave birth to twelve piglets. They were all nursing when we arrived. OW! I'm glad I only had one at a time. That poor mama. When one piglet went for the mama's dry food, the mama put her snout under the baby and flung her in the air. I think it was payback for the nursing abuse.
Anyway, we are keeping a pretty busy schedule now but very satisfied.
4 comments:
What good looking kids all ready for school! And what a nice pool too. I'm so glad you took the pic out in the back yard!
Great picture . . . great attitude J, homework is just part of it, keep up the good attitude and you'll do just fine. We're so proud of you big second-grader. And K . . . fifth grade! You're doing so well and growing up so much . . . can't wait to see you all in about a month's time! Thanks for picture by the pool . . . little by little we're getting to see parts of the new house . . . beautiful!
I used to LOVE the first day of school. It was almost as fun as the day that your teacher and classmates got posted on the school door during the last days of summer. And the new supplies..."this year I'll stay organized". I still think that.
Sweet picture of K and J!
See? That is the image I was thinking of: 12 piggies. No thanks! :-)
That pre-school sounds pretty cool!
Good to hear about you Varners, glad your blogging J. Nice to have the time to read them. K and J look so cute, all ready for the big day. I'd love to see little C in preschool, I'll bet he's really happy about being with the other kids. I love his enthusiasm! Your pool looks cool! Would love to see pics of the rest of the house!!
Post a Comment